Sunday 3 November 2013

First Blog

Hey, I am John Dean.
I am studying Computer Game Design at Priestley College in an attempt to get in to the field of Game Design as a full time job later in life. I hope to gain the skills required to get into this field of work such as coding and programming which are skills I am yet to gain. I would also like to expand on my knowledge of 3D design and improve on what I have learned doing Digital Art at high school where I began to learn the basics of 3D modeling using the software Autodesk 3DS Max. I have always had passion for gaming and have always like to see how things work so this course seemed ideal for what I enjoy doing and what I would like to do in the future.

The game I have completed over the holiday and have recently been playing is Dishonored. I have played through this game multiple times and have come to love the steam punk fashioned town that became Dunwall. I enjoyed this game because there are many ways to go around each level either being stealthy and not being seen or to run and gun everything in sight. With multiple run throughs I went through doing both different techniques and found out that the sneaking and stealthy way would always make the game time longer. I liked this game because it reminded me of my favorite game of all time, Thief, which is in very much a similar style to Dishonored although this game was created for the current generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment